Choose the type of service that resonates
Creative ideas to personalise a farewell
The type of service you choose is a very personal decision and will be influenced by religious and cultural traditions, as well as personal preferences. While some people prefer a more traditional service, others look for different ways to say goodbye.
- Hold a traditional service in a church or chapel to farewell your loved one.
- Have a burial service at the cemetery as a fitting farewell.
- Choose to hold a service at a church, chapel or other venue followed by a private cremation.
- Plan a memorial service in the days or weeks following the burial or cremation.
- Opt to not hold a service at all.