Bring family and friends together to share memories
Creative ideas to personalise a farewell
Less formal than the funeral service itself, a wake provides a more relaxed and social atmosphere for people to remember the person who has died.
- Cook your loved one’s favourite recipe to serve to guests.
- Play a tribute slideshow featuring photos of important times and significant events.
- Serve a signature drink or cocktail and ask guests to raise a glass in farewell.
- Encourage people to share stories and memories with everyone gathered.
- Play favourite board games or participate in much-loved hobbies.