Relieving your family of the financial burden
Pay for the funeral you want at today's prices
Put simply, a pre-paid funeral is a pre-planned funeral that is paid for in advance. You arrange the funeral service you want at today’s prices – so, subject to any specific provisions in the pre-paid funeral plan contract, your funeral plan will not be affected by any future price rises.
A pre-paid funeral takes an enormous emotional and financial burden away from your family. It’s one less thing for them to deal with at a difficult time.
Your money is in safe hands
The money you pay for your pre-paid funeral contract is held independently of Walter Carter Funerals. Funeral Plan Management ensure all money paid under any pre-paid contract is properly invested and safeguarded in accordance with the Funeral Funds Act 1979 until it is needed.
Pros of pre-paid funerals
- Costs are fixed, so you can pre-pay for the funeral you want at today’s prices
- Your money is securely invested in compliance with strict government guidelines
- You make the choices you want for your funeral
- You can pay in a lump sum or by instalments. If you pay by instalments, you have up to three years to pay in full
- You are not locked into a particular funeral director. The pre-paid contract is transferable
- A pre-paid funeral can be cheaper than a funeral bond or funeral insurance if you live longer than another five to 10 years
- The amount you pay for the pre-paid contract will be exempt from any asset and income means testing when assessing eligibility for the aged pension.
Cons of pre-paid funerals
- If you change your mind about the pre-paid funeral, you will generally forfeit the administrative set-up fee and be charged a small exit fee
- If you pay in instalments, the pre-paid contract is not claimable until the final payment is made. This means if you die before the contract is paid in full, any funeral costs will be payable at current prices less the amounts already paid against the pre-paid contract.
The information on this page is a guide only. For advice about your specific needs, please consult your financial advisor.
Talk to the team at Walter Carter Funerals about
your pre-paid funeral options.