A way to save for your funeral expenses
A secure investment
A funeral bond is an investment product that can help you save for funeral expenses.
At Walter Carter Funerals, we work with Funeral Plan Management to provide funeral bonds..
Pros of funeral bonds
- The amount you pay for the bond will be exempt from any asset and income means testing when assessing eligibility for the aged pension
- The bond keeps your funeral money separate from other accounts and investments
- As an investment, your savings will generally grow over time. Be sure to read the Product Disclosure Statement carefully before taking out the bond
- You are not locked into using a particular funeral director
- You can pay for the cost of your bond in a lump sum or by instalments.
Cons of funeral bonds
- If you pay in instalments and die before the bond is paid in full, only the amount paid into the bond up to the date of your death will be payable (as well as any interest earned)
- Investment returns on the bond may not keep up with inflation
- A bond will not lock in funeral costs at today’s prices
- You may not be entitled to a refund if you decide to discontinue with the bond.
The information on this page is a guide only. For advice about your specific needs, please consult your financial advisor.
Talk to the team at Walter Carter Funerals about
your funeral bond choices.