Ask guests to take part in the service
Creative ideas to personalise a farewell
Involvement doesn’t have to be limited to reading a eulogy or being a pallbearer. There are lots of ways to encourage people to participate in the service and they’ll appreciate having an outlet to express their grief and make a final gesture.
- Provide coloured post-it notes for people to write messages and place them on the coffin.
- Ask guests to wear your loved one’s favourite colour.
- Invite everyone to form an honour guard to say a final farewell.
- Encourage guests to join in a rousing rendition of a special song.
- If your loved one was known for their mismatched socks or quirky ties, ask people to follow suit.