Select of place of personal significance
Creative ideas to personalise a farewell
A funeral service doesn’t necessarily need to be held in a church or chapel, or at a cemetery or crematorium. You may choose to have the service at a non-traditional location that has special meaning or evokes memories.
- The local beach provides a great backdrop to celebrate the life of a keen surfer.
- A theatre or arts centre may suit if your loved one was artistically inclined.
- Nearby bushland or a national park might be a fitting backdrop for an avid bushwalker.
- The local RSL is a great place to honour the life of a returned service person.
- A sporting oval or club could be the perfect backdrop for a sports fan.