Why choose us
Our commitment to service sets us apart
What sets us apart?
Walter Carter Funerals is a highly-respected local business and has been providing first class service to families since 1887. As one of the few remaining independent, family-owned funeral homes in Sydney, we provide unparalleled care and attention.
Our commitment to innovation
A unique life deserves a unique goodbye and we’re committed to providing our client families with the widest range of choices.
- Expertise. We’re experts at what we do and leaders in the funeral industry. We always strive to set the highest standards in everything we do.
- Innovation. We’re innovators in our field. We’re sensitive to traditional values, but we always look to provide contemporary choices.
- Understanding. We’re part of our community and understand the changing needs, desires and choices our client families expect from us as a leading provider.
Our service standards
We’re committed to offering you the highest standards of service in everything we do.
- Always available. Our team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- At the other end of the phone. You’ll always be connected directly to someone on our team, no matter the time of day or night.
- Fully accredited. We’re a member of the Australian Funeral Directors Association and exceed all the requisite standards for ethics, training, premises, equipment and vehicles.
Our price promise
From the simplest service to the most personalised farewell, we’re committed to a pricing structure you can trust.
- Transparency. Our pricing structures are clear and there are no hidden charges.
- Options. We have a wide range of options to choose from and can structure a package to suit your needs and budget.
- Financial support. We can help you understand your options when it comes to paying for a funeral.
Our first-rate facilities
We’re committed to providing first-rate facilities that provide the backdrop for a service that best celebrates the life of your loved one.
- Location. Easy to get to via car or a range of public transport options, our central location makes access for family and friends simple.
- Chapel and function space. Our chapel enables family and friends of all cultural backgrounds and beliefs to farewell their loved ones in a peaceful atmosphere.
- Viewing room. Our viewing room provides the privacy to say goodbye in an environment that allows for quiet contemplation and reflection.
- Audio visual facilities. Our state-of-the-art AV facilities are designed to assist you in every possible way.